Friday, August 22, 2008

GC 2008 Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood Official Trailer



Finally an official Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood trailer brought to you by Gamespot. Based on the trailer alone, it seems like this game is shaping well. I guess it could be attributed to its developer company which is famous for developing rpg games like Star Wars Knight of The Old Republic and Mass Effect, Bioware.

After watching the trailer, the first thought dawned upon me was this game definitely looks a lot like Mario and Luigi Partners in Time as both games battles scenes are very interactive. In Mario and Luigi Partners in Time, you would have to concentrate when there is a battle going on as you have to press the appropriate buttons when your characters are trying to attacks the enemies to inflict more damanges. While in this Sonic game(Oh men, it seems like both games have another similarity, where both titles are so freaking long!), I can see that its battle scenes feature some Ouendan-esque tapping actions to execute combos and also maybe to inflict more damages! Good thing about this kind of system is battles will never get stale and leveling up would be much more interesting and not a chore. And it seems like this game will feature a roaster of different characters where we could control, sweet indeed. Even though Sonic game series have been lambasted for its too-many-characters, I am still glad if I can try out different characters as long as they have distinctive abilities and controls. And not to forget, the graphics are quite pretty too( Mario and Luigi graphics pales in comparison)

I never like Sonic games before even I owned Sonic Advance 1, 2 and 3 that are highly praised before. I guess I dont really like fast pacing platformer games as my eyes cant keep up with the screens if Sonic moves too fast and so the latest Rpg entry is something I have been looking forward to. Hopefully this title will manage to garner the attention that Sonic series deserves doesnt let gamers down. The release date is September 2008. I am not sure of the exact date as it is not mentioned in the trailer but I guess we wont have to wait long as September is just a few days away and we will find out soon.

No comments: