Friday, August 8, 2008

Annoying non gamers.

Non gamers and gamers. Indeed, they are easy to differentiate and most of the time, we would label those who never play games as non gamers. I dont mind helping non gamers who are interested to get into the seemingly unfamiliar gaming realm by informing them some important info regarding gaming(and most of them I am happy and willing to since there will be more people to share same interest like me) but recently I just encountered lots and lots of stupid non gamers that I find it ridiculous and I decided to post the one of the conversations between one non gamer and me below.

A: Bid, you are a gamer right? Do you know Wii?

Bid: Sure I do, why?

A: I am interested in it. It seems to be a different consoles than the other consoles available in the market now. Do you know how much is it now?

Bid: I dont really know the exact price of the wii console but for a US modded Wii, it should be more than rm1k.

A. Are you serious? I found it somewhere else that it is just rm500 brand new.

Bid: Wtf, are you sure? Rm500? Even now in US it is still usd250 excluding tax. There is no way it could be rm500 here brand new. The cheapest second hand I could find here is around rm700.

A: I am sure it is rm500 brand new. Since Wii is not a graphic powerhouse and most of its games are kiddy, not to mention it has been released for some time, it is reasonable to see that it is priced at rm500 now.

Bid:.......

At that time I just feel like slapping him. It is great to be adamant sometimes but in this case I would rather ask him to shut the hell up and listen to me(I am not boasting or flaunting but I am sure I am more experienced than him). So guys, do you have any unpleasant experience with non gamers?

PS/In case you are interested, Gameradar has recently posted an article of 25 annoying things about non gamers. I am sure some of you may have encountered any situations listed in that article. One of the famous ones should be "Can I play Mario on Playstation?"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The best cheat codes and game cheats are also available at GamesRadar!

bidfordun said...

I love Gamesradar too but dont you think it is a little bit too much to post a comment unrelated to the post and the fact that it is just a plain cheap advertising method?