Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Chrono Trigger is finally dated for USA


Anyone excited for this game? I know I am as I have been hearing many praises of this timeless masterpiece and yet I never have the chance to play it be it on Snes or Play Station. Now that this is going to make it to Nintendo DS, I guess it is time for me to pick it up and experience it (without having to pay premium price for the used snes copies circulating at ebay or endure the unbearable loading times while playing the ps version)

This title has finally received a confirmed release date, which is November 25th 2008. I guess even without major graphical overhaul, every rpg fan is still going to gobble up this remake. I am glad that it hasnt received the same major graphics update like Final Fantasy III on Nintendo DS did because apparently grinding seems to be longer and more tedious than ordinary rpg games on portable gaming systems(forget PSP, every game on the system will have to load due to its umd format). I guess Square Enix decision to stick with the original graphics really reverberates what I have been hoping for their remakes of rpg games all this while. For this remake, Square Enix will just add brand new dungeons and also an Arena mode for multiplayer, where its details are still unknown. It may sound unjustified for those who have already played this game for countless times to pay usd40, but definitely it is not gonna bother since I never played it before and the the price itself is indeed much cheaper than a used Snes copy on Ebay.

I just cant wait to go through the multifaceted story and listen to the soundtrack by Nobuo Uematsu woven intricately into the game. This game seems to be perfect in every aspect, be it storyline, the soundtrack, the characters and the art style. I guess the dream collabration of Hironobu Sakaguchi, Kazuhiko Aoki and composer of soundtrack, Nobuo Uematsu known for their works on the Final Fantasy series and Yuuji Horii and artist Akira Toriyama, freelance designers for Dragon Quest series is something that is not going to happen very frequently and when it does, a legendary caliber of product will be born and here we are being treated to a timeless classic which is Chrono Trigger.

So what are you waiting for? It is better for you to head down to your local Gamestop stores to make a preorder so that you can guarantee yourself a copy during its launch day for those who live in USA. For us in Malaysia, we might not be fortunate enough to get it on the first day and we might not even see local retailers bring it in looking at the rampant piracy scene here but I guess you can still try. If it really doesnt work, I guess Play Asia is the only way to go and you can head here to preorder it. The earlier you preorder it, the earlier you will ensure your copy getting shipped first(but whether it will reach you earlier, it is another issue depending on shipping methods that you choose). I am sure andy_lhc has already preordered it. He is such a huge fan of Square Enix games.

No comments: