Sunday, June 1, 2008

What is wrong with my NDSL?

During 30th of May, I noticed something different when I started playing my NDSL. The start up sound was just so different from the usual one and I could immediately notice the difference. The usual start up sound should sound like "Teng, Teng" while the different was like "Ting".

I was so scared thinking that something bad may have happened to my NDS(well, who wouldn't if something like this happened to your beloved consoles out of a blue?) Interestingly, besides the weird start up sound, my NDSL still worked perfectly and I could still enjoy playing Advance War Days of Ruin on it.

And after 30th of May, the start up sound was back to the "Teng, Teng" sound, so I had looked for the reasons behind the weird change. Well, then only I realized 30th of May was my birthday, and I did input my birthday date into my NDSL before, explaining the whole thing. I altered the birthday date in my NDSL to verify this matter and yeah, it was like what i expected.

It was nice to see this little weird function incorporated by Nintendo into their latest handheld console. At least it can remind you that someone is still aware of your birthday even though it is just a mere electronic machine.....

So fret not if you encounter thing like what I mentioned above. Your NDSL can still work perfectly and there is absolutely nothing wrong with it.

For those who think it is hard to understand the difference between the 2 different start up sound I described before, which are "Teng, Teng" and "Ting", you can see the videos below.



Usual start up sound( the sound might be a little soft due to the low quality of my HP speaker)



Birthday start up sound and you can notice that the console wishes you happy birthday day when you use the Picto Chat.

No comments: