Saturday, June 7, 2008

NIS America announcement!

Unlike the recent disappointing Capcom Captivate 08, the small press in California by NIS America managed to surprise me a lot. This press served as an event to announce their summer/fall lineup. Looking at the games available, it blew me away as there is only one next gen console game, which is Disgaea 3 for PLaystation 3 while the rest are all for Nintendo DS. This is the first time I have seen NIS America giving their full support to Nintendo console because they gave their full support to Playstation 2 previously. Out of the 4 games available for Nintendo DS, 3 games managed to attract my attention.

1. A Witch's Tale(October 2008)

Does the cover look familiar to you? It does look like Tim Burton movie, The Nightmare Before Christmas to me. It is the latest collaboration between NIS America and Hitmaker and nothing much has been known about this action rpg game although the game is set to be on shelves around October, which is coincidentally(or not coincidentally) the Halloween Month. It is said to feature some kind of touch screen spell casting, which may play out like Lost Magic. You might want to check out the first trailer provided below even though nothing much could be found there except for some in game screens and the character arts.


2. Disgaea DS(September 2008)
I have been hearing praises about this game and since I dont have any Playstation 2 and Playstation Portable before, I have never been able to play this game and I am looking forward to jump on the bandwagon once this game is out. Looking at the trailer before, it seems like a fun SRPG game(I am a sucker for SRPG games ya know?) and I cant wait any longer.


3. Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure(September 2008)
This is another RPG that I am interested in. This rpg does not seem like the normal RPG that I have played before and I always welcome any RPG that deviates from the usual RPG formula. Let see how it fares after releasing. No trailer yet for this game but there are some screens.

Screens courtesy of GameRadar.

So does any game mentioned above have made its way to your buying list? I may hold out for some reviews for Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure and A Witch's Tale but I will definitely get Disgaea DS

No comments: