Monday, June 16, 2008

Another rebirth of old series!

I havent had the time to access to internet for the past 2 days and when I browsed for some gaming news this morning, I bumped into a shocking news.

Apparently, Capcom decided to return the the classic Mega Man series and this shall prove that there is really something going on unless this proves to be some mistakes(which I doubt so).
Finally, this is he real deal that I have been waiting for. Just forget other series like Megaman Battle Network or Mega Man Star Force that Capcom has been churning out consistently these few years with minor additions in each sequel. They are just different games with the Mega Man logo slapped into their titles and they cant manage to capture the attention of old gamers like me(although I have a friend who really like those series more than the traditional 2d platformer games). I have completed almost every single entry in this series(well, till now I still cant manage to complete the super hard first Mega Man and since I never own a Snes, I also never have the chance to play Mega Man 7) and I have always been waiting for the new entry in the series.

Capcom has neither confirmed nor denied the news but if the image above is true, this game is going multiplatform. According to the links here(which is still rumor for now), this latest entry will appear on XBLA and PSN and Wii is getting a retail version. And here indicates that this game will sport a retro 8-bit style. This makes me wonder. Why dont Capcom just bring this latest entry to Nintendo DS like Konami did with their Contra series? I am sure with the rumored graphic style, Nintendo DS has the capability to support it and looking at the huge installed base of Nintendo DS, I am sure this title has the higher probability to sell like hot cakes. Or better else, if they just do some graphics overhaul like Nintendo did with New Super Mario Bros, it is going to be another fresh yet still the same and solid platformer game for me.

What do u think? Which consoles would you like to see Mega Man 9 appear?

No comments: