Monday, September 29, 2008

Surprising call..

Haha, if you guys still remember, I did promote the Nintendo gathering at Corez house but I couldn't attend it because Raya is just around the corner and it would be a pain in ass if I have to go there now(not to mention the always-hard-to-get bus ticket). Much to my surprise, I received a call from them on that night.

I was wondering why would they call me on that particular night but actually they just wanna ask me to join a bulk for ordering Chrono Trigger at Amazon. At first I didnt give a second thought as they may have thought the whole thing throughly, so I quickly said yes to the whole deal. After hanging up the phone though, I started to rethink the whole matter. Is it really that cheap as they claimed? Play Asia price for Chrono Trigger is usd45 while Amazon price is usd37. While it makes sense that you might see Amazon should be cheaper but if you think deeper, actually it has no big difference. If I am going to join the bulk, the price is not usd36 alone as I still have to pay for VPost shipping back to here. Yeah I know it is gonna be cheap if more people share the shipping fee but we should know that the more orders it has, the heavier it will become. So in the end, it will still gonna cost me around usd40(don't forget that they would still have to send it to me later via Pos Laju as I am not based in KL).

On the other hand, Play Asia price might sound a tad steep but giving a serious thought, it might actually be as same as Play Asia price. The game itself costs us usd45, but seeing how relatively easy it is nowadays to get a usd10 off coupon, the game PLUS free shipping to my house will merely set me the same price which is usd40. Furthermore, I am not really keen on getting the brand new copy as I mentioned in previous post here and I have always been rooting for the used copies if the game itself is popular that it might see its light in used game market(PM, are you going to sell it again? Hehe)

I am still considering whether I should preorder it but since they are going to preorder it during mid October, so I guess I will have plenty of time to think about it. I am actually more interested in another game, Luminous Arc2 which is open for preorder as well at Amazon as it will feature the preorder goodie, the 60 pages art book that I am looking for. I am surprised that Aschia isnt interested in it considering that he has always been interested in preorder thingy. Hmm, should I seek help from Corez to order it? Oh ya, I am sure Andy is going to preorder it from Play Asia, so should I ask him whether he is interested in getting it from Amazon so that we can order together and save on the shipping?

Anyway, I am still glad that my fellow Internet friends have been supportive enough and they don't even mind going through all the hassles on that day just to call me. I can't wait to head down to KL to meet them again. I miss Andy's seductive voice, Corez baby voice and all the interactions with them, haha(no pun intended). It is so hard to find some friends who share same interest with you, at least that does happen in Perlis.

No comments: