Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Phantasy Star Zero announced!




Finally Sega has announced another Phantasy Star for my favourite console, Nintendo DS after they have just released the PSP version of Phantasy Star Portable. I have been looking forward to playing this series after seeing how successful this series was on Dreamcast as it was the first online console RPG.

Seriously I have never expected the news to surface as the psp version has just been released and looking at its brisk sale and currently still staying in the top 10 softwares in Japan, it is shocking to see that Sega has made the announcement so fast.

This game seems to be more interesting than Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Rings Of Fate(ok, it maybe a tad earlier to make such judgement but I can always hope for it, right?) and I really hope that it can make it to USA.

According to this, this game seems to be based heavily on the Phantasy Star Online series, which is a good thing and the sweetest deal of all is it will support multiplayer online via Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection and local multiplayer as well(both support up to 4 players). I can just pray that the online experience isnt ruined by the possible lag problems. This inclusion alone beats FFCCROF in its face as multiplayer has always been the important part of this genre, so online multiplayer will just glorify and amplify the whole gaming experience. I really hope they wont screw the online multiplayer part or else this may end up hitting bargain bins not long after.

Have a look at the images above and you will realize that there are some pictures and handwritten words. How is it even possible to include them? Yeah, you are right. Finally, the superfluous Pictochat has been put into a good use. It is a brilliant move that Sega manages to utilize it and incorporate it into this game. With this feature, chatting and conveying message is a piece of cake and it is no longer limited to typing words or just some included emoticons. Who doesnt like to scribble and write their own words?(although I admit that I suck in drawing and I am pretty sure most of you wont understand what I draw)

So are you excited for this title after reading what I have written? With the installed base of Nintendo DS larger than PSP, I am sure this title is gonna be hot as well when it is released. Corez, forget Gauntlet DS and wait for this!

No comments: