Saturday, September 6, 2008

Blackmango, the new official Nintendo distributor in Malaysia

I am really surprised that after one whole long hectic week and since I didnt have the chance to surf internet, never did I know there is another official Nintendo distributor again which is Blackmango at lyn.

At first Ooj(owner of Blackmango) started aPS3 blu ray movies and games rental service and it didnt really pique my interest since I dont have ps3 and it seems like his business is doing quite well that now he decides to branch out to another new gaming systems which are Nintendo Wii, Nintendo DS and Gameboy. I dont know how he managed to persuade those in charge at Maxsoft to let him bring in official Nintendo stuffs since there are already 2 official Nintendo counters in KL and 1 counter in Penang but I guess that is a good thing as those counters arent really up to date with the latest softwares and most importantly, the price of those games are ridiculously expensive that I wonder anyone will be stupid enough to get their games there.

Looking at the software catalog that Blackmango offers, it seems like the Nintendo DS original games price is quite reasonable and pretty cheap for some titles like Luminous Arc which was previously sold at usd40 at Play Asia now goes for rm120 only(and 10% less for all titles if you get them before 30th September. I might get it later seeing that I have been looking up and down this title for a while). And if he updates the catalog regularly and maintains the reasonable price, I think more forumers are more than willing to get games from him rather than Play Asia which offers similar price but the only downside is the 1 week waiting period. But one thing I do notice missing from the games he offers is there are no Square Enix NDS games like Final Fantasy series. I dont know the reasons behind it but hopefully and seriously he should get hold of Square Enix games as soon as possible as there are plenty Square Enix fans around.

All in all, even though Nintendo console are very easy to modify which leads to rampant piracy in Malaysia, I am sure there are still plenty people will continue to support original Nintendo softwares here like me as long as the price is reasonable enough. All the best, Blackmango.

1 comment:

Pure Raver said...

Ah.. The venture that I wanted to do... Well, for Square Enix titles, since they distribute it themselves that's why MM Soft don't have it.

Next time, should work my muscle better. lol.