Sunday, July 6, 2008

Zero satisfaction?




Zero satisfaction. This was initially my feeling when I started playing Metroid Zero Mission because this game is basically a remake of the original Metroid on NES and for those who keep tab of my blog, you should notice somewhere in the blog that I did mention Castlevania series is better than Metroid series.

Ok then, I retract my previous statement now. Metroid Zero Mission is actually an enjoyable game and it is equally as good as Castlevania series, if not better.

Recently I picked up the game again and to my amaze, I managed to complete this game with some help of Gamefaq. The biggest surprise is during the middle of the game, I can control Zero Suit Samus, which is cooler than controlling her in the Super Smash Bros Brawl in my opinion. There is a catch though. Since Zero Suit Samus doesnt have armor nor any weapon, the gameplay is a little different than the usual shoot-and-destroy gameplay. It is Metal Gear Solid-esque, where you should try your best to avoid yourself from being found by the enemies lurking around as you are very fragile in Zero Suit Samus.This special mode is only available in Metroid Zero Mission only and not available in the original Metroid and I would say that this inclusion alone warrants this purchase.

For those who are familiar with this series, they should know that this series has so many endings that you have to fulfill certain conditions(like getting 100% of item or complete the game under certain time) to unlock variable endings. So far I only manage to get one ending but in order to complete the Gallery Mode, I guess I will be coming back soon for another fix of Metroid session.

Now where can I get Metroid Fussion? Can I hope for announcement of Metroid Dreaded in the next E3?

No comments: