Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Why Japanese boxart is better?......(are they?)

Personally I am a person who could not care less about the box arts of games as I rarely take out those game boxes that I own and marvel at the awesomeness of the beautiful box art. But for some, they are just particularly fussy about this issue and I personally know a friend who can get a myriad versions of a particular game just because the same game from other regions feature prettier boxarts. I dont know the rationale behind this habit(nor I dont think I will for the rest of my life) but I guess pretty boxarts hold special spots in my friend heart. Anyway, unless the boxarts really differs that much like Mystery Dungeon: Shiren The Wanderer on Nintendo DS, I guess I will just settle with the so called inferior boxart of North America release.
North Amerika box art. Looks fine in your opinion? Wait until you scroll down and look at the Japan box art.


Hands down, this definitely looks much better than the NA counterpart and I wonder who has decided to change the boxart and maybe that is why this game bombed in NA.

Gameradar has recently posted an article comparing the boxarts of North Amerika and Japan games. You will be amazed at how different the boxarts could be and leave you wondering that some ugly boxarts are just not meant to be published.

No comments: