Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Five Years, 20 Lessons, 20 DS Games

While most of us may not be familiar with Griptonite, it is actually one of the game developing companies that have created abundance of games for Nds in 5 years starting from games that first appeared alongside the launch of Nds Phat until now.

The following link will give a full picture of what they have learned(mistakes, lessons, improvements). Something I noticed while reading the article is the reason why movie adaptation games are generally bad! Most probably it is the shockingly short deadline. Tell me, how is a particular game supposed to be good when you are ordered to develop the games in just several weeks? Not going to happen I guess, hence it explains why most of the movie adaption games are so sucked.

It is a long and you might want to have a cup of coffee with you but I am gonna tell you this article is really worth you time.

P/S: I never thought that I have played one of their games which is the Urbz Sims in the City. The game itself was good but probably I am just not interested in Sims games, hence the game is no longer in my possession and I never buy any Sim games since then. What games developed by them that you have played before?

No comments: