Friday, February 13, 2009

Another Mother 3 translation....in BM now?

Apparently there are still many fans out there who are still clamoring for translations in their own mother tongue language even though the unofficial english translation patch had been released by starnet for sometime ago. I couldn't believe my own eyes and nearly fell off my chair when I saw someone apparently from Malaysia is trying to do its own BM translation of Mother 3. Don't buy into it? You gotta see some screenshots to believe in it.
This really sounds corny as it seems but we Malaysians should be proud that this game is going to be in Bahasa Malaysia soon(chuckle). Apparently this project has just started around January 2009 and I guess it should take some time before we can see the light of the final project. I was just hoping that this wont get canned eventually when he isn't passionate to do it anymore. The status of this ongoing project could be monitored here. You might wanna check it from time to time if you are interested in the final outcome of this project.

Hmm, if my eyes serve their purpose, apparently the person who works on this ambitious project seems to be only a secondary school student at SM Teknik Kota Tinggi. I can't imagine how a teenager can work on this alone and this only proves that I am rather outdated and obsolete by having such thought. We really can't underestimate anyone nowadays eh?

At Gamingeuphoria I am praying for all the best to this guy who works on this project and I am tempted to check out the final results.

Trivia: For those who dont have, we do have some localized international games like Resident Evil 3 and Dino Crisis for PC which were released years ago. I still remember the the localized title of Resident Evil 3 is Kubu Iblis 3 but I already forgot the localized title of Dino Crisis. I tried to find the boxarts for both games but to no avail. Both games are totally in BM and if my memory serves me well, the original versions were just rm20 each. Very cheap right?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yay! So many happy Malaysians! It really is a wonderful game, that no one should miss out on.